Never be short of (pretend) cash again! With fifty of each denomination, this set includes familiar looking paper bills and plastic coins. This stash of cash conveniently stores in a handy wooden "cash drawer" box. Each compartment has the denomination printed inside for easy matching cleanup.
- Includes familiar-looking paper bills and plastic coins - 50 of each denomination
- Wooden "cash drawer" box is included for convenient storage
- Each compartment is printed with a different denomination to make cleanup fun
- 1.9"H x 10.3"L x 17"W Packaged
- 3+ years
- WARNING: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Ask the child to identify the individual coins and bills. Discuss each coin or bill by pointing out its value, the images and any special features such as the grooved edges on the dime, quarter and 50-cent pieces.
Remove the money from the wooden tray and show the child the screen-printing at the bottom of each section. Explain that the arrangement of the tray is similar to a cash-register drawer they see at a store.
Ask the child to put the money back into the tray, placing each set of coins and bills in the appropriate space.
Make a pattern using a variety of coins. Ask the child to replicate the pattern, name each coin and determine the total dollar value of the pattern.
Place a small group of coins on a flat surface, making sure there are examples of each denomination. Ask the child to sort the coins so all the like coins are together. Then ask him/her to place the coins in order by value from lowest to highest. Repeat the activity with the bills.